AWARDS & HONORS
The LL&W crew has worked hard cleaning up America’s rivers for the past 20+ years and we are grateful - and often humbled - to be recognized for it.
- Charity Navigator 4-Star - Living Lands & Waters was awarded a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator for the 8th consecutive year. Only 3% of reviewed charities have been able to accomplish this. Our rating means that we're accountable, transparent and financially healthy.
- Awarded "Mayor's Choice" at the East Moline 4th of July Parade for "Garbage Monster" parade float entry.
- Awarded "Mayor's Choice" at the Davenport Halloween Parade for "Garbage Monster" parade float entry.
- Duke of Paducah – Chad Pregracke was named Duke of Paducah by Mayor Brandi Harless – December 7, 2017
- 2017 Golden Glow Awards – The Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers (AGLOW) awarded its highest honor to three recipients at its recent annual conference at Lake of the Woods, Minnesota. Golden Glow Awards were presented in the Excellence-In-Craft, Organization, and Individual categories during the Clam Outdoors Golden Glow Banquet at the Sportsman’s Lodge – September 27, 2017 – Click for more information.
- Outstanding Community Service – The State of California Senate presented this certificate of recognition in honor of “Outstanding Community Service – In special recognition of your unyielding commitment and dedication to the betterment of our community and for your exemplary leadership and advocacy effort as founder of Living Lands & Waters.” Signed by Senator Joel Anderson, August 31, 2017.
- “The Chad Pregracke” – Marquette Transportation Co. has named their latest M/V (motor vessel) after our fearless leader – May 23, 2017 – More Information.
- Chad honored as a CNN Superhero – December 8, 2016 - more information
- Chad was presented with the River Bell – Distinguished Service Award from the Seaman’s Church Institute – December 8, 2016
- Awarded keys to three of Alabama’s “Quad Cities,” which are framed and happily hanging on a barge wall. The cities are: Florence, Sheffield and Tuscumbia.
- Illinois proclaims December 1 as Chad Pregracke Day – November 27, 2013 – official proclamation details
- CNN Hero of the Year – November 19, 2013
- The Order of Lincoln – Given by the Academy of Lincoln at Augustana College, Rock Island, IL April 13th, 2013
- National Rivers Hall of Fame Dubuque – Iowa National Achievement Award – Presented at the Waterways Council Inc. Symposium, Pittsburgh, PA October 21st, 2011
- Points of Light Tribute – “A Celebration of Service” – Recognition honoring Chad Pregracke, JFK Center Washington, DC March 21st, 2011
- Lincolnland Legends Honoree – Illinois Dollars for Scholars February 10th, 2010
- Black Hawk College Alumni Hall of Fame – August 8th, 2010
- Mitchum’s “Hardest Working Person in America” – August 18th, 2010
- Honorary Citizen of the Year – City of Rock Island, Illinois August 23rd, 2010
- Community Builder Award – Moline Lodge no. 1014 A.F. & A.M. August 8th, 2009
- Heartland Community College Distinguished Alumni Award – Heartland Community College, Normal, Illinois April 20th, 2009
- Dedication of The Pregracke Center – Heartland Community College, Normal, Illinois April 20th, 2009
- Golden Glow Individual Award – Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers September 2008
- Nominated for Heroes of Conservation –Field & Stream Magazine September 2008
- River Industry Executive Task Force honored Chad for his commitment to river ecosystem restoration and his visionary achievement in building alliances for a cleaner river – Presented at the “Make Change Possible”- Inland Waterways Conference March 4th, 2008
- Distinguished Alumnus Award – Illinois Community College Trustees Association June 8th, 2007
- Environmental Hero Award from Illinois Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn for MillionTrees Project
- Take Pride in America – United States Department of Interior
- 2006 River Steward Award – presented by Prairie Rivers Network
- 2005 Quad Citian of the Year – presented by Best of the Quad Cities 2005 River Cities’ Reader Poll. Award presented in 2006
- Outstanding Alumni Award – 2006 American Association of Community Colleges
- Achievement in Conservation – Hannah Caldwell Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution
- Environmental Stewardship Award – National Mississippi River Parkway Commission, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration Award (NOAA)
- People Are Today’s Heroes (PATH) Award – Governor Rod R. Blagojevich
- Quad-Cities Area Leaders under 40 – Black Hawk College Foundation, Moline, IL
- Seventh annual “What’s Right with the Region!” award presented by FOCUS St. Louis
- Social Entrepreneurship Award – Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
- Honorary Doctorate – St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA
- Hall of Fame – United Township High School, East Moline, IL
- National Fishing Hall of Fame – Hayward, WI
- The Jefferson Award, presented by the American Institute for Public Service (comparable to the Nobel Prize) – Awarded for Community Service in Washington, D.C.
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Mary Little Deere-Fort Armstrong Chapter NSDAR (Daughters of the American Revolution)
- Hometown Hero Hall of Fame – TEK Extra Magazine for Kids (A Time Magazine publication distributed to schools)
- Humanitarian Award – Southern Illinois Celebration of National Hunting & Fishing Days
- Excellence in Education Award – Black Hawk College
- Best Conservation Activities – Mary Little Deere-Fort Armstrong Chapter NSDAR (Daughters of the American Revolution)
- Biography Magazine Top 10 Future Classics in America Award
- E-chievement Award – E Town (National Public Radio)
- Merit Award – Soil and Water Conservation Society
- Eddy Award for Environmental Stewardship – River Action
- Making Waves Award (Peoria, IL) – Clean Water Celebration
- Conservationist of the Year Award – Izaak Walton League, Iowa Chapter
- Distinguished Community Service – Rock Island Rotary
- Chuck Yeager Award – National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- Fellow of the Institute (Augustana College) – Institute for Leadership & Services
- Key to the City – Quincy, IL
- Metrobank – Eagle Award for Community Service
- Environmental Stewardship Award – Putnam Museum of Natural History
- Merit Award – Soil and Water Conservation Society, Illinois Chapter
- John H. Williams Community Service Award – Community Caring Conference
- Citizen Conservationist of the Year – Illinois Wildlife Federation
- Certification of Recognition – Modern Woodman of America
- Appreciation Award – Northern Zone Association of Illinois Wildlife Foundation
- Illinois Jaycees Top Ten Outstanding Young Persons Award